I am pretty sure you have seen some cool spy movie where the agent does all sorts of stuff on his watch. Have you ever wondered if you could get a watch that allows you to do something like answering a phone call on a wristwatch?
A Samsung Galaxy watch is a great way to stay connected to your friends, family, and the world around you. It can help with fitness and can be used as an extension of your phone for tasks like taking photos and answering calls.
So, Can you make calls on the Samsung Galaxy Watch?
This is a question most users of the galaxy watch series and other smartwatch lovers ask themselves. You are in luck because we will answer this question and more in this article.
Can you make phone calls on your Samsung Galaxy Watch?
The answer to this question is yes. You can make and answer phone calls on the Samsung Galaxy Watch if it is connected to your Android phone and within Bluetooth range. In addition, depending on your galaxy watch, you may only be able to reject calls from your galaxy watch.
To make and receive calls, you must ensure your watch is connected to your phone through Bluetooth or a mobile network. However, you cannot make or answer calls directly on your watch unless it has a built-in microphone and speaker.
Related article: Is Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 waterproof?
How to answer a call on your galaxy watch
If you do not have your phone nearby and want to handle calls remotely, you may answer calls by swiping the green phone icon.
There is no problem If another call comes in while you're already on one. you can answer it by swiping the green button and then choosing one of the following options:
- Hold current call.
- End the current call.
If the first call is still on hold and you want to switch back to it, simply tap the 3 vertical dots and select swap.
To decline a call, swipe the watch display's red telephone icon.
How to make a call from your galaxy watch on the green phone icon
A phone icon on your galaxy smartwatch can be used to make calls.
To use your galaxy watch to make calls:
- On your smartwatch, Navigate to the phone app menu and choose Phone.
- To call someone, tap the person's number on the Keypad buttons or choose a contact from the contacts list.
- Then, tap on the green phone icon to make a call. The connected phone will make the call, and your watch will act as a speaker or go through a headset (if you are using one).
- Tap the three dots to transfer the call to your phone, then pick Switch to Phone.
- On some models of the galaxy watches, you will have to tap on the center icon. Then, make phone calls using your phone as you normally would.
- If you have an LTE version of the Galaxy Watch, you may make calls right from it without being connected to your phone.
Related article: How accurate is the Samsung Smartwatch counter?
Is it possible to use the speakerphone function with the galaxy watch?
The speakerphone function on the Samsung Galaxy watch can be used to make calls when you don't want to use a headset or your smartphone.
To use the speakerphone function, you have to:
- Enable Speakerphone mode.
- Start a call on your Galaxy Watch.
- Put your hand over the top of the watch's screen or raise your wrist towards your face. This will mute any sound coming from the watch's speaker and turn on the speakerphone so that the person you call can hear you.
- End a call by pressing the red end call button or by lowering your wrist after you've finished talking.
The speakerphone functionality is only available for Galaxy watches with a built-in microphone and speakers like the Galaxy Watch Active 2, Galaxy Watch 3, and Galaxy Watch 4.
Does the Galaxy Watch have an earpiece for hands-free calling and listening
As the name suggests, the Galaxy Watch can connect an earpiece you can use to make hands-free calls from your phones. This is a great feature if you are driving or if you need to keep your hands free for other tasks. You just have to ensure an active Bluetooth connection between your watch and the earpiece.
To use the earpiece, you have to:
- Go to settings and select connections.
- Then, tap the Bluetooth button on your watch, and choose the desired Bluetooth headphones from the available options.
- When you pair the headphones, they'll appear as a standard Bluetooth device. Afterward, go to the Settings icon next to the Bluetooth Headphones and tap on it.
- Then, select and turn on Call audio and Media audio.
- You can also unpair the headphones by tapping Unpair.
Related article: Can I get Gmail on my Samsung Galaxy watch?
What are some other features of the Galaxy Watch that now allow you to make phone calls without pulling out your phone or tablet whenever there is an incoming call or text message?
A few other features of the Galaxy Watch allow you to make phone calls without having to pull out your phone or tablet every time there is an incoming call or text message.
- First, if you have an LTE version of the Galaxy Watch, you may make calls right from it without necessarily connecting to your phone.
- Second, you can answer calls by swiping on the green phone icon even if your phone is not nearby.
- Third, you can use the speakerphone function to make calls when you don't want to use a headset.
- Fourth, the Galaxy Watch can connect an earpiece that you can use to make hands-free calls from your phone. This is a great feature if you are driving or if you need to keep your hands free for other tasks.
- Finally, you can see who is calling you even if your phone is silent. You can also reject calls with a text message and set up favorites for quick calling.
Can you make or receive calls without your phone with the Samsung Galaxy watch?
No, making and answering calls will only be possible if the watch is connected to your phone via Bluetooth or through an LTE network. Please note that only the LTE versions of the Galaxy Watches allow you to make calls through the LTE network.
Related article: What is water lock mode on Samsung galaxy watch?
The Samsung Galaxy Watch is a great device that comes with many features when it comes to handling your phone calls. Some of these features include answering calls without your phone, using the speakerphone function, and connecting an earpiece for hands-free calling.
You can also see who is calling you even if your phone is on silent mode and reject calls with a text message. Lastly, you can now make or receive calls without having to pull out your phone every time there is an incoming call or text message.
Galaxy smartwatch users should also note that the speakerphone functionality is only available for Galaxy watches with a built-in microphone and speakers like the Galaxy Watch Active 2, Galaxy Watch 3, and Galaxy Watch 4.
Hope you enjoyed this article.