If you love gaming, you'd surely love to mix things up with the game settings to avoid getting bored. Like you would with the background of your phone or computer screen, changing the background or theme of your PS5 can help improve your gaming experience.
In this blog post, we will explore if it is even possible to change the PS5 background and how to go about it.
How do you change the PS5 background?
Currently, you cannot change the background wallpaper or theme of your PlayStation 5. However, the background image and sound can switch dynamically between a set of presets if the game you are hovering on has that capability.
Gamers should note that most PS5 games do not have the capability of switching background images. That capability is embedded in a few games to work with the PS5 user interface. There are no
In the coming years, Sony may yield to the demands of its hardcore gamers and release this feature, but it is not currently possible either with downloaded or custom backgrounds/themes.
Can you change PS5 Background?
No, you cannot change the background of the PS5. There are loads of mods or hacking techniques available online claiming to help you achieve this. What you see is what you get with the available games.
Be wary of such information as they will only succeed in causing you to void your warranty and even possibly damage your console.
Why can't we change the PS5 background?
It's puzzling to know that we cannot change the PS5 background. According to reports, this is because the PS5's user interface is less open for gamers to manipulate than it is on the PS4.
Sony thinks having a single default theme or mini-themes seen while hovering over games is better for the UI design than allowing gamers to upload a custom background or theme. This may change in the future, but it is how things stand now.
Will I ever be able to change the background of my PS5
The decision rests entirely with Sony. Though there are several reports about this online, Sony has not yet made any official statements regarding the background issue.
This could be due to several reasons, including future plans for the Playstation 5. After all, we have seen Sony allow the uploading of custom themes to their other consoles and portable devices.
Since the PlayStation Portable's introduction lets you upload your unique backgrounds, themes have become popular for Playstation devices.
Why change the PS5 background?
One of the main reasons you will want to change the PS5 background is that the default ones can get boring fast.
So, it won't be fun to use the same background wallpaper since Sony launched the game. Customizing and personalizing the PS5 backgrounds allows you to showcase your individuality and style.
For someone like me who loves animals, a picture of my favorite animal on display helps me relax and creates a semblance of familiarity before commencing gameplay. But we don't have a choice, so we stick to it, and it's okay.
Can I create my own backgrounds for PS3 and PS4?
Yes, you can easily create your PS3 and PS4 backgrounds by using any image editing tool. I'd suggest Canva. It's an easy tool to start using, even for a beginner, and there are tons of free & paid images that you can incorporate into your designs.
Also, you can pick from any of the templates available and edit it to suit the background you intend to use.
How to customize background or theme on my PS4
You could make certain adjustments or customizations to the PS4 home screen to give it a personal touch by following these steps:
- Connect your PS4 to the internet.
- Head into the internet browser on the PS4 menu.
- Look for the search icon and click on it.
- Search for the type of background you want, e.g. skateboard wallpaper.
- Results will be displayed on the google page.
- Click on the image tab.
- Select any background you like.
- The selected background will be loaded and displayed.
- Make it fullscreen by pressing the game controller's square "" button.
- Then, zoom in on the image wing the R3 button or X button while hovering on the image. (The R3 button is activated when you press the right analog stick).
- The purpose of doing this is to ensure that the background image covers the whole of the screen.
- Drag the pointer down until it is off your screen, so it does not appear on the background image.
- Wait for a few seconds for the bar by the side to disappear.
- Take a screenshot of the background image by pressing the share button on your controller for a few seconds. An icon will appear on the left side of the screen to confirm that the screenshot has been taken.
- Back out of the browser completely by pressing the circle "O" button steadily.
- Select "Capture Gallery" on the menu of your PS4
- Click on the "All" folder.
- You will see a display of all the screenshots you have taken.
- Select the image you want and press the options button to view an options menu.
- Scroll down and select "Set as Background."
- Use the button options below the image to adjust it as you deem fit. Then press "X" to enter.
- The background on your PS4 will change to the selected image.
Frequently Asked Questions about PS5 Backgrounds and Customizations
Q. Will there be an upgrade to the PS5?
A. Yes, there is bound to be an upgrade. Given that the PS5 was released in November 2020, the PS5 Pro(an upgrade) is scheduled to debut as early as 2023. The Covid-19 epidemic and persistent component shortages might delay the release of the PS5 Pro until later.
Q. Can I play background music on PS5?
A. Yes, the PS5 can play background music. The PS5 has the Apple Music app that allows users to enjoy more than 90 million songs, countless playlists, 4k music videos, and Apple Music Radio in the background.
Q. Can I change the background on the PS5 camera?
A. Yes, you can. With the HD camera, you may record gameplay videos with yourself in them while broadcasting in picture-in-picture mode. You can even use a green screen to obscure the background or cut it out altogether totally.
Q. What type of themes do PS5 have?
A. The PS5 comes with dynamic themes by default. Hence, it is hardly customizable.
And that's all there is to it, we love the thrills and gameplay entertainment the PS5 gives us, but we have to make do with the default background for now. Hopefully, that will change in the future.
If you have any questions about PS5 backgrounds, please ask them in the comments. Thanks for reading.