So, you are thinking of going swimming and don't want to take off your favorite Apple Watch. Whether swimming at the pool or at the beach, it's always a good idea to check the watch's specifications before taking it into the water. This article will discuss everything you need to know before swimming with your Apple Watch Series 3.
Can I swim while wearing my apple watch series 3?
Yes, you can swim with your Apple Watch Series 3 as long as it is in calm waters. The watch is water-resistant up to 50 meters but is not recommended for use in open water with high velocity and pressure. Also, it has been tested in a wide range of aquatic environments, so you can wear it while swimming or washing your hands.
It has also been optimized for pool and open-water workouts to track your progress and see your health stats in real-time. Just be sure to keep the watch tightly fastened to your wrist during any aquatic activity; otherwise, it might float away. And don't forget to dry off the watch before putting it back on. Continuous exposure to moisture can damage the internal electronic components.
What is the water-resistance rating for the Apple Watch Series 3 and what does it mean?
The water-resistance rating for the Apple Watch Series 3 is covered under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it is designed to be water-resistant to a depth of 50 meters. However, the watch is not intended for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depths.
Please note that water resistance is not the same thing as being waterproof. Water resistance means that the watch can resist water intrusion but not necessarily keep water out, while waterproof means that the watch will keep water out completely.
The water resistance rating is important to consider if you plan to use your Apple Watch in any water-related activities. If you are, make sure to check the rating before taking it with you.
The watch is also protected against accidental spills, so you don't have to worry about your watch if you happen to spill coffee on it. However, if the watch comes into contact with any liquid, dry it off as soon as possible.
Related article: Which Apple watches can you shower with?
What bands can I use to swim with my Apple Watch Series 3?
The Apple Watch Series 3 is compatible with a variety of bands, including the Sport Band, Woven Nylon band, Milanese Loop, Classic Buckle, Modern Buckle, and Leather Loop.
Of these bands, the Sport Band and Woven Nylon band are water-resistant and can be used while swimming. The Modern Buckle, Milanese Loop, Classic Buckle, and Leather Loop are not water-resistant, so they should not be used while swimming.
If you are looking for a band that is specifically designed for swimming, the Sport Band and Woven Nylon band are both good options. They are made of a durable material that can withstand contact with water.
If I accidentally get my Apple Watch Submerged for a long time, what should I do to ensure it doesn't get damaged?
If you accidentally get your Apple Watch submerged for a long time, be sure to take the following steps to prevent damage:
- Remove the watch from the water as soon as possible.
- Wipe the watch down with a piece of absorbent, dry linen cloth.
- Allow the water that may have sipped in to dry out for some hours.
- Charge the watch overnight. This may speed up evaporation.
- If there is still water in the air vent of the watch, it will affect the accuracy of the barometric altimeter reading.
- Power on the watch. If it is damaged, take it to an Apple technical store or authorized service provider for repairs.
Related article: Can you replace apple watch bands?
Can I use my Apple Watch Series 3 to track my swim workouts?
Yes, the Apple Watch Series 3 can be used to track swim workouts. To do so, you will need to install the Workout app, open it and feed in the required parameters before starting your swim workout. The watch will track your distance, pace, time, and calories burned during the workout.
What are other activities for which the Apple Watch Series 3 is water-resistant?
The Apple Watch Series 3 is also water-resistant for activities such as showering, washing your hands, and rain. However, it is not recommended for use in hot tubs or saunas as the high temperatures can damage the watch.
How do I clean my Apple Watch if it gets dirty from swimming or other outdoor activities?
If you're like me, you probably take your Apple Watch everywhere with you - including on adventures in the great outdoors. But what happens when your watch gets dirty from all those activities?
Here's a quick guide on how to clean your Apple Watch, no matter what kind of mess it's gotten into.
- For general dirt and grime, the best way to clean your Apple Watch is with a soft, lint-free cloth. If you don't have one handy, you can also use a cotton swab or even your finger (just make sure it's clean first!). Gently wipe the watch's surface, not press too hard - you don't want to scratch the screen.
- If you've been swimming or doing other activities in saltwater, it's important to rinse your watch off as soon as possible. You can hold it under fresh, clean water for at least 15 seconds. Make sure to shake off any excess water before wiping it down with an absorbent, dry lint-free cloth. Do not use soap or other cleaning products.
- If the bands of your Apple watch are not water-resistant, remove them before you start cleaning. Wipe non-water resistant bands with damp non-abrasive clothing. Do not soak the bands in water. Also, do not expose the Apple watch bands to direct sunlight or humidity during storage. Allow the bands to dry thoroughly before attaching them back to the Apple watch.
Related article: Does Apple Watch Contain Nickel
Precautions to take when using your Apple Watch Series 3 for swimming?
Your Apple Watch Series 3 is water-resistant but not waterproof. It will be okay to wear it when you're swimming or participating in other water activities, but make sure to follow these precautions:
- Do not submerge beyond 50 meters depth in water with the Apple Watch Series 3.
- Don't swim with your Apple Watch if the bands are not water-resistant.
- Don't use your Apple Watch for watersports like diving or waterskiing.
- If your Apple Watch comes into contact with salt water, rinse it off as soon as possible with fresh water for 5-10 secs.
- Remove the band before cleaning if it's not water-resistant. Wipe bands with damp non-abrasive absorbent clothing.
- While the Apple Watch Series 3 is water-resistant, it's important to keep in mind that the water resistance ability of the watch may degrade with time.
- Apple does not recommend using the watch in a hot tub or sauna, as the high temperatures or steam can damage it.
What signs show that your Apple Watch Series 3 has been damaged by water or other liquid?
There are a few signs that may show that your Apple Watch Series 3 has been damaged by water or other liquid:
- The watch doesn't power on.
- There are water droplets inside the watch face.
- The display is foggy or obscured.
- The buttons feel "sticky" or don't work as expected.
- There are signs of discoloration on the watch bands and around the watch surface.
- There are greenish growths on the charging set.
- Corrosion signs start appearing around the watch.
If you notice any of these signs, you must take your Apple Watch to an Apple Store or authorized service provider for repairs.
Related article: What is water lock mode on Samsung galaxy watch?
The Apple Watch Series 3 is a great device for staying active and connected, even when you're swimming or participating in other water activities. Just make sure to follow the precautions listed above to keep your watch safe and in good condition.
Also, remember that the watch is designed to complement your iPhone, not replace it. So if you're looking for a device that can do everything your iPhone can do, you'll be disappointed. But if you're looking for a watch that keeps you connected while offering special features, the Apple Watch Series 3 is definitely worth considering.
Hope you enjoyed the article.