Are Airpods good for conference calls? This is a question that many people have been asking lately, especially those that work remotely. With the rise of remote jobs, many people have used earbuds for conference calls on apps like Zoom and Microsoft Teams. But are Airpods really good for this purpose?
In this article, we will answer this question and discuss some benefits of using Airpods for conference calls.
Can you use Airpods for conference calls?
Yes, AirPods are good for conference calls. They are designed to provide clear audio quality and have a built-in microphone that can be used for this purpose.
Additionally, Airpods are very comfortable to wear and will not fall out of your ears during a call. They are a good option for conference calls as they are compatible with most virtual conferencing platforms.
Can I use Airpods for Zoom meetings?
Yes, AirPods can be used for Zoom meetings. Zoom is a popular video conferencing platform that is compatible with smartphones, tablets, and computers. Since the Airpods can connect to these devices, it is compatible with Zoom.
To use AirPods with Zoom, you must connect them to your phone, computer, or laptop using Bluetooth. Once they are connected, you can hear the audio from the Zoom meeting through the earbuds.
You can also use the built-in microphone on the AirPods to participate in the meeting. To do this, you will need to go into the settings on Zoom and select “AirPods” as your audio input device.
Once you have done this, your AirPods will be ready to use for Zoom meetings.
How long do Airpods last on a Zoom call?
AirPods can last up to five to six hours on a single charge. However, using the built-in microphone on the AirPods to participate in Zoom calls, most users report the battery life to last for only an hour.
For other apps, the Airpods may last longer, but because Zoom keeps the microphone of the Airpod always on when the app is in use. This leads to faster consumption of batteries.
How to connect AirPods to PC for use in Zoom meetings
To connect your Airpods to a PC for Zoom meetings, follow the steps below:
- Ensure the Airpods are charged.
- Unpair the Airpods from the device(s) it is paired with.
- Click on the Start menu of your PC and select Settings.
- Click on Devices and toggle the Bluetooth on.
- Then, click on "Add Bluetooth or other devices".
- In the window that appears, click on Bluetooth.
- Then, open the casing of your Airpods.
- Press and hold the button on the back of your case for some secs until the indicator light starts flashing white.
- The Airpods will appear on the list of devices under "Add a device" on your PC.
- Click on the Airpods when it comes up. Sometimes, the AirPods will appear as headphones.
- Windows will display a message of "Your device is ready to go" to show that it has connected successfully.
To use the connected AirPods on the Zoom app for PCs:
- Launch the Zoom app on your desktop.
- Click on the settings icon at the top right corner of the desktop app and select the Audio tab.
- Under the Speaker submenu to the right, click the drop-down list and select your Airpods with the Headset prefix, not the headphones prefix. (Headphone prefixes tend to have mic issues).
- Under microphone, also click the drop-down list and select your Airpods as above. (i.e, with the headset prefix).
How to connect AirPods to Mac for use in Zoom meetings
The settings to connect the Airpods to a Mac for Zoom calls are a bit different. The steps are outlined below:
- Ensure the Airpods are charged.
- Unpair the Airpods from the device(s) it is paired with.
- Place the AirPods into pairing mode by opening the case and pressing the back button down until the indicator light starts flashing white.
- On your Mac computer, click on the Apple icon and select Preferences.
- Then, click on Bluetooth.
- Your AirPods should appear on the list of Bluetooth devices. Click on it to connect.
To use the connected AirPods on the Zoom app for Mac computers:
- Launch the Zoom app on your Mac.
- Go to the Zoom.us at the top left corner and select Preferences.
- On the menu that appears, select the Audio tab.
- Under the Speaker sub-menu, click on the drop-down list and select your AirPods with the Headset prefix, not the headphones prefix. (Headphone prefixes tend to have mic issues).
- Go to the Microphone sub-menu, click on the drop-down list and select your AirPods as above. (i.e, with the headset prefix).
- You are now set to use the Airpods for your Zoom meeting.
If you are not satisfied with the audio quality being recorded by the microphone of the AirPods, you can configure a separate microphone to be used on the Zoom app while you select the AirPods for only speaker functionality.
Do AirPods work with Microsoft Teams?
Yes, AirPods work with Microsoft Teams. Microsoft Teams is a chat-based workspace collaboration platform that is part of the Office 365 suite of products. It is designed for teams to collaborate on projects and tasks.
To use AirPods with Microsoft Teams, you will need to connect them to your computer or laptop using Bluetooth. Once they are connected, you can hear the audio from the Team meetings through the earbuds.
You can also use the built-in microphone on the AirPods to participate in the meeting by going into the settings on Microsoft Teams and selecting “AirPods” as your audio input device.
After doing this, your Airpods will be ready to use for Microsoft Team meetings.
How to connect Airpods for use in Microsoft Team for PCs
To use the Airpods for MS Team meetings, the Airpods will need to first connect with the PC that will host the meeting for you. Follow the first set of steps in Paragraph 3.1 to connect the Airpods to your PC.
Then, follow the steps below to configure the AirPods to work with Microsoft Team:
- Launch the Teams app.
- Go to your profile icon and click on it.
- Select Settings and click on it.
- Select Devices from the list of items on the left.
- Under the Speaker sub-menu, click on the drop-down list and select your AirPods with the Headset prefix, not the headphones prefix. (Headphone prefixes tends to have mic issues).
- Go to the Microphone sub-menu, click on the drop-down list and select your AirPods as above. (i.e with the headset prefix).
- You are now set to use the Airpods for your Teams meeting.
4.2 How to connect Airpods for use in Microsoft Team for Mac
To use the Airpods for Teams on a Mac computer, you first need to connect the AirPods to the Mac. Follow the first set of steps outlined in paragraph 3.2 to connect the your AirPods to a Mac computer.
Then, launch the app and follow the steps outlined in paragraph 4.1 to use the Airpods with Microsoft Teams.
5. How far do Airpods reach on conference calls?
When you're on a conference call, you want to be able to hear the person you're talking to clearly. But how far do Airpods reach on conference calls? The answer may surprise you.
Airpods use state-of-the-art Bluetooth technology to provide clear, crisp audio quality up to 30 feet (10 meters) away from your device. Although, the range of the Airpod's Bluetooth can be affected by the environment (walls) and interference. So, if you're in a large room or office, you should be able to hear your conversation partner(s) perfectly.
And if you need to move around during the call, no problem - as long as you stay within range, your Airpods will continue to work flawlessly.
Do the Noise cancellation feature work on conference calls?
Yes, the noise cancellation feature of Airpods that blocks out background noise can be used to improve the clarity of speech on conference calls. This feature works by actively analyzing the incoming sounds to isolate background noises and reduce their impact on the overall sound quality.
As a result, it can make it much easier to understand what other participants are saying and understand yourself. So if you are taking part in a conference call, be sure to turn on the noise cancellation feature of your Airpod to enhance your experience.
While opinion is divided on the effectiveness of noise cancellation technology, many experts agree that it can be an invaluable tool for holding successful conference calls.
Contending factors, such as background noise from busy office environments or ambient conversations taking place at another table in a coffee shop, can easily derail audio-based communication if left unchecked.
By using noise cancellation features to filter out unwanted sound waves, conference call participants can stay focused on the conversation at hand without being bombarded by extraneous noise.
Do Airpods work as microphones during conference calls?
Yes, Airpods do work as microphones during conference calls. While the small size of these popular wireless earbuds may seem like a disadvantage for taking calls over a long distance, in reality, they are perfectly capable of picking up your voice and transmitting it clearly to other participants.
Airpods may not have all the features of traditional conference call microphones, but they are more than sufficient for detecting sounds that will be used for seamless communications.
So, if you find yourself needing to join a conference call while on the go, don't hesitate to rely on your Airpods! They'll get the job done without any trouble.
What are the benefits of using Airpods for conference calls?
There are several benefits to using Airpods to make conference calls via Zoom or MS Teams. These benefits include:
- The portability of Airpods means you can take them with you wherever you go and use them for calls without having to worry about being tied down to a desk or table with wired headphones.
- Airpods are very easy to set up and use, so you'll be able to join calls quickly and without any hassle.
- The built-in microphone on Airpods provides clear audio quality, making it easier for other participants to understand what you're saying.
- Airpods offer noise cancellation features that can help reduce background noise and improve the overall sound quality of your voice during calls.
- If you need to move around during a call, Airpods will stay connected and allow you to walk freely without any drop in audio quality.
All of these factors combine to make Airpods an ideal choice for conference calls, whether you're using Zoom, MS Teams, or another virtual communication platform.
In this article, we confirmed that Airpods are indeed good for conference calls. These popular wireless earbuds offer several benefits that make them an ideal device for making conference calls.
These benefits include portability, ease of use, clear audio quality, and noise cancellation features. So if you're looking for a headset that's easy to take with you on the go and provides great sound quality for conference calls, Airpods are a great option.
Thanks for reading.
Did you find this article helpful?